Estimates of economic activity within the countries of the UK and the nine English regions for October to December 2018.
This is not the latest release in the series: Regional gross domestic product
These are experimental statistics and the volatility of the quarterly data make interpreting short term changes difficult.
- GDP in Wales increased by 0.3% in Quarter 4 (October to December) 2018 compared with the Quarter 3. For the UK as a whole there was an increase of 0.2%.
- Wales had the second largest increase in output of the twelve countries and regions of the UK in Quarter 4 2018.
- Growth was weak in the production (0.0%) and service (0.1%) sectors and stronger in construction (3.3%).
- Over the longer term, Wales saw GDP growth of 2.3% in 2018 in total, compared with 1.5% for the UK as a whole.
- Over the year there was strong growth in the construction sector (17.0%), an increase of 1.9% in services and a fall of 0.8% in the production sector.
Telephone: 0300 025 9016
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.