Data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff as at 30 September 2017.
This is not the latest release in the series: Staff directly employed by the NHS
Between 30 September 2016 and 30 September 2017 (in terms of full-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased by 1,629 (2.1%) to 77,917.
- Medical and dental staff increased by 88 (1.4%) to 6,321.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 136 (0.5%) to 29,524.
- Scientific, therapeutic and technical staff increased by 370 (2.9%) to 12,799.
- Administration and estates staff increased by 804 (4.6%) to 17,384.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) increased by 231 (2.0%) to 11,890.
Staff directly employed by the NHS, 30 September 2017 , file type: PDF, file size: 588 KB
If you need a more accessible version of this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us the format you need. If you use assistive technology please tell us what this is.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6735
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.