Skip to main content

In this guide

3. Planning and building regulations

You may need to apply separately for any planning permission or building regulations approval for any large adaptations to your home.

The local authority may ask you to employ a qualified architect or surveyor to plan and oversee the work. 

If you get a grant, you can use it towards the cost of their fees.