Skip to main content

Helps people decide if part or all of their planned publishing should be on GOV.WALES or not.

First published:
17 April 2019
Last updated:


GOV.WALES is designed to meet the needs people in Wales have of the Welsh Government. All GOV.WALES content must have a clear user need and conform to publishing standards.

What goes on GOV.WALES

GOV.WALES is the default home for Welsh Government content. Any exemptions must be agreed by the Director of Communications. ‘Welsh Government’ includes departments, non-ministerial departments and advisory bodies.



  • press releases
  • statements
  • consultations
  • strategies and policy papers
  • guidance
  • statistics and research
  • campaigns
  • reports
  • impact assessments
  • data
  • maps
  • Freedom of Information releases



  • claim rural payments
  • get help to buy a house
  • get help to boost broadband speed

What does not go on GOV.WALES

Content owned and created by these types of public body:

  • organisations with inspection or regulation functions, even if they’re part of the Welsh Government
  • Welsh Government Sponsored Bodies (Executive)
  • Welsh Government Sponsored Bodies (Tribunal)
  • registered charities, mutual or social enterprises
  • organisations that receive less than 50% of their funding from the Welsh Government
  • organisations with no responsibility to the Welsh Government

Content owned and created by these public sector organisations:

  • local authorities
  • town and community councils
  • national park authorities
  • fire and rescue authorities
  • local health boards
  • health trusts
  • community health councils
  • independent statutory office holders
  • UK government

GOV.WALES may link to this content when it meets a user need relating to Welsh Government policy, for example:

  • content on the Discretionary Assistance Fund may link to UK government content on benefits
  • we may link to local authority websites to apply for a bus pass