Skip to main content

3. Safeguarding people

If you choose to apply, you and others in your home or property aged 16 or over will need to undergo a Basic Disclosure Check. A disclosure check is commonly required for anyone doing volunteer work for example. In some hosting circumstances you may be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure Check.

Your local authority will contact you to begin the checking process.

You can read more about the process from the Disclosure and Barring Service on GOV.UK.