Estimates of economic activity within the countries of the UK and the nine English regions for April to June 2019.
This is not the latest release in the series: Regional gross domestic product
These are experimental statistics and the volatility of the quarterly data make interpreting short term changes difficult.
Change over the shorter term
- GDP in Wales increased by 0.4% in quarter 2 (April to June) 2019 compared with the previous quarter (January to March 2019). For the UK as a whole there was a decrease of 0.2%.
- Wales had the fourth largest increase in output of the twelve countries and regions of the UK in quarter 2 2019.
- The services sector saw an increase of 2.0% but both the production and construction sectors saw a decrease of 3.0% and 6.7%, respectively.
Change over the longer term
- Wales saw GDP growth of 0.7% compared to the same quarter a year ago, the UK as a whole saw GDP growth of 1.4%.
- There was growth in the services sector (2.2%), a fall of 0.4% in construction and a fall of 4.3% in the production sector.
These experimental estimates were first published by the Office for National Statistics in September 2019. In light of this development, we want to hear about how you use the this report, or how you use our separate report on short term output indicators.
Telephone: 0300 025 9016
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.