We manage 2 devolved taxes designed and made for Wales to help raise vital funds to support Welsh public services like the NHS and schools, in communities across Wales.
Since 1 April 2018, we’ve collected and managed 2 devolved taxes on behalf of Welsh Government:
These taxes replaced Stamp Duty Land Tax and Landfill Tax in Wales.
Our overall purpose is to:
- design and deliver Welsh national revenue services
- lead the better use of Welsh taxpayer data for Wales
How we work with our customers
We’re committed to helping deliver a fair tax system for Wales through what we call ‘Our Approach’, a Welsh way of doing tax. By working together with solicitors and conveyancers, partners, taxpayers, and the public, we make sure tax are collected efficiently and effectively.
Our Approach is defined by these 3 Welsh terms:
- ‘Cydweithio’ means ‘to work together’ and carries a sense of working towards a common goal
- ‘Cardarnhau’ suggests a solid, robust quality that can be relied on. This is about providing certainty, being accurate and reinforcing trust
- ‘Cywiro’ literally means ‘returning to the truth’ and is about the way we work with you to resolve errors or concerns
This approach is inspired by ‘Our Charter’ based on our values and behaviours to reflect how we work with:
- each other
- our taxpayers
- partner organisations
Guidance and services
We design, develop, and deliver bilingual, paperless, digital-first tax services to meet people’s needs across Wales.
Our specialists offer bespoke support, guidance and reassurance end-to-end to help people pay the right tax at the right time.
Find out more about our guidance and services.
We also work with Natural Resources Wales to support Landfill Disposals Tax.
How we work together
Our people and values
We’re a people-led organisation that’s digital and data-enabled, with more than 80 members of staff. Our talent, skills, and experience span 14 different professions.
At our best, we work together in a way that’s innovative, collaborative, and kind.
We’re committed to equality and diversity and proud to be:
- a Living Wage employer
- a Disability Confident – Level 3 ‘Leader’ employer
- a ‘Happy to Talk Flexible Working’ employer
- signed up to Zero Racism Wales pledge
Find out more about what it’s like to work with us in our latest People Survey.
We base everything we do on our Corporate Plan 2022 to 2025. This sets out our purpose, strategic objectives, and longer-term ambitions.
We report on our work annually. See our latest:
- Jobs and employment
- How we manage information
- Our statistics
- Our agreement with the Welsh Government
- Contact us
For more about the types of information we publish, see our publication scheme.